Happy New Year! 2018 is officially here, and to commemorate the event I’m sharing my writing resolutions.
- Write 10,000 words a week
- Complete the outline and first draft of Orphic by September 1
- Complete the short story I started for my Dad, and receive critiques from my local writing group
- Update my blog with new content twice a week
- Win Camp NaNoWriMo in April or July, and NaNoWriMo in November
- Read 25 books
These are big, aggressive goals. I’m nervous about them, but I want to capitalize on last year’s momentum. Besides, maybe you’re supposed to be nervous about your new year resolutions? They should require a little personal growth.
Bonus Health and Wellness Resolutions
- Finish learning how to swim the front crawl
- Complete the Couch to 10K program
- Improve my upper body strength *(need to concretize this still)
- Improve my core strength *(same as above)
- Run a 5K in under 30 minutes
- Hike 1 section of the Appalachian Trail
If you made any new year resolutions, share them in the comments and we will cheer each other on through the year. 🙂